Thursday, December 14, 2006

Obligatory End of Year List


Despite my reservations about such things please find a list of my favourite songs I’ve encountered this year. Many of them have been discovered via the plethora of good MP3 blogs out there, as well as a few cunning purchases made by my good self. I’ve attempted to attach a MP3 for each of the tracks- most likely they won’t work so fingers crossed.

I figured this would be a better way of illustrating what I’ve been listening to this year rather than a pointless album list. Suffice to say that I’ve adored Joanna Newsome’s ‘Ys’ more than anything in an age; Califone and Bonnie Prince Billy provided the best in subdued folk/indie and the biggest surprise of all was just how much I loved and listened to Hot Chip’s ‘The Warning’ and Sparklehorse filled a void long since left vacant since his last release.

I will be trying to document the best gigs I’ve been to this year but seeing that I’ve been to quite a lot this will require some special attention, and I’ll be lucky if I can get this done before the New year.

Anyway, I hope you enjoy:

(Note- Bollocks!!! Appears to be a problem with my server/File hosting- I will correct soon I hope!)
1. The Young Knives- Weekends And Bleak Days (Hot Summer)
2. Pet Politics-The spring
3. Hot Chip -And I Was a Boy from School
4. Goodnight Monsters -20 Fingers 20 Toes
5. The Young Knives - Here Comes The Rumour Mill
6. TV On The Radio- Dry Drunk Emperor
7. Bears- Walk Away
8. Beruit-Postcards From Italy
9. Bonnie ‘Prince’ Billy God’s Small Song-
10. Primal Scream- Country Girl
11. TV On The Radio - I Was A Lover
12. Califone- Spider
13. Buck 65- F.O.S
14. Belle & Sebastian -The Blues Are Still Blue
15. Wolfmother-Woman
16. Tunng- Woodcat
10 No Complaints.wma17. Beck – No Complaints
18. Sparklehorse - Mountains
19. The Walkmen - All hands and the cook
20. We are Scientists – It’s a Hit
21. Yo La Tengo - Pass the Hatchet, I Think I'm Goodkind
22. Casiotone for the painfully Alone – Young Shields
23. Herman Dune- I wish that I could see you soon
24. The hold steady -your little hoodrat friend

No comments: